What Will it Take to Rebuild America?
The White House has released their “Legislative Outline for Rebuilding Infrastructure in America“. Backed by a request for $200 billion in Federal funds, President Trump intends for those funds to create at least $1.5 trillion in infrastructure investments.
“Our Nation’s infrastructure is in an unacceptable state of disrepair, which damages our country’s competitiveness and our citizens’ quality of life. For too long, lawmakers have invested in infrastructure inefficiently, ignored critical needs, and allowed it to deteriorate. As a result, the United States has fallen further and further behind other countries. It is time to give Americans the working, modern infrastructure they deserve.”
The 6 key points of the outline:
- “Stimulate Infrastructure Investment: President Trump’s plan will lead to at least $1.5 trillion in investments to rebuild our failing infrastructure and develop innovative projects.”
- “Invest in Rural America: Rural America’s infrastructure has been left behind for too long, and President Trump’s plan will make sure it is supported and modernized.”
- “Increase State and Local Authority: President Trump’s proposal will return decision-making authority to State and local governments, which know the needs of their communities.”
- “Eliminate Regulatory Barriers: The President’s plan would eliminate barriers that prevent virtually all infrastructure projects from being efficiently developed and managed.”
- “Streamline Permitting: President Trump’s infrastructure proposal will shorten and simplify the approval process for infrastructure projects.”
- “Invest in Our Country’s Most Important Asset – Its People: The President is proposing reforms so Americans secure good-paying jobs and meet the needs of our industries.”