Prevent and Respond to Gun Crime and Ensure Public Safety
The Biden-Harris Administration has released a new Fact Sheet which announces a Comprehensive Strategy to Prevent and Respond to Gun Crime and Ensure Public Safety. As President Biden “has repeatedly said, we are experiencing an epidemic of gun violence in this country.” The Strategy tackles violent crime and its root causes, highlighting troubling trends in American gun violence over the past year and a half.
According to the Fact Sheet the Strategy will:
- Address the flow of firearms used to commit crimes;
- Provide federal tools and resources to support local law enforcement efforts;
- Invest in evidence-based community violence interventions;
- Increase support and services geared toward teenagers and young adults; and
- Help formerly incarcerated individuals successfully reenter their communities.
Please note: HSDL login is required to view some of these resources.
Need help finding something? Ask one of our librarians for assistance!