“A Penny For Your Thoughts”…How About (up to) $100,000?
The Department of Homeland Security Science and Technology Directorate has stated that they will open a National Bio and Agro-Defense Facility (NBAF) in Manhattan, Kansas in the year 2022.
This “Think and Do Challenge” gives you the chance to throw your ideas (and approaches) into the ring for a chance to win (up to) $100,000 in total prize award funding (“to seed development or implementation of winning submission(s),”) or you can be, “…considered for grants from the State of Kansas, administered by Kansas State University.”
What’s there to lose?
Eligibility Requirement (from the website) is as follows:
This competition is open to…
- Citizens or legal permanent resident of the United States who have reached majority age in the jurisdiction for which they live
- Entities incorporated in and whose primary place of business is in the United States
Any questions regarding eligibility? View the Federal Register Notice for more information.
Requirements (from the website) include:
- A fleshed out approach, idea or method to accelerate deployment or use of novel tools to facilitate virtual research collaboration across long distances or other barriers (i.e. from within biocontainment).
- A fleshed out approach, idea or method to jump-start a business plan that would accelerate agricultural technologies to market.
- A fleshed out approach, idea or method to develop a large animal veterinary student exchange program for exposure to the research in a biocontainment environment.
- A fleshed out idea, approach or method to develop a certificate program for the training of animal care handlers in a biocontainment environment.
The submission deadline is November 30, 2015
More information regarding the requirements for this challenge can be found here
If any questions arise, please view the NBAF Challenge Webpage
Article formerly posted at https://www.hsdl.org/blog/newpost/view/nbsp-a-penny-for-your-thoughts-how-about-up-to-100-000