2022 National Drug Control Strategy Released
The White House’s Office of National Drug Control Policy has recently released the inaugural National Drug Control Strategy for the Biden administration. To combat the epidemic of drug use, the Strategy focuses on two “critical drivers” of overdose in the U.S.: untreated addiction and drug trafficking. Ultimately, the primary goal of the Strategy is clear throughout: reduce drug use and overdose in order to save lives.
The National Drug Control Strategy covers the following key areas:
- Prevention and Early Intervention
- Harm Reduction
- Substance Use Disorder Treatment
- Building a Recovery-Ready Nation
- Reduce the Supply of Illicit Substances through Domestic Collaboration
- Reduce the Supply of Illicit Substances through International Engagement
- Criminal Justice and Public Safety, and
- Data Systems and Research
For more information on topics related to this piece, visit the HSDL Featured Topics on Opioids, or check out other resources related to overdose. Please note: HSDL login is required to view some of these resources.
Need help finding something? Ask one of our librarians for assistance!