ABSTRACT

Trends in Active-Duty Military Deaths Since 2006 [Updated July 1, 2020]   [open pdf - 511KB]

From the Document: "Between 2006 and 2020, a total of 17,645 active-duty personnel have died while serving in the U.S. Armed Forces. (Throughout this In Focus, the designation 'active duty' refers to all active duty troops, including mobilized Reserve and Guard components.) Of those that died, 26% were killed while serving in OCO [Overseas Contingency Operations] operations--primarily within the territory of Iraq and Afghanistan. The remaining 74% died during operations classified in this In Focus as 'Non-Overseas Contingency Operations', or 'Non-OCO'."

Report Number:
CRS In Focus, IF10899
Author:
Publisher:
Date:
2020-07-01
Copyright:
Public Domain
Retrieved From:
Congressional Research Service: https://crsreports.congress.gov/
Format:
pdf
Media Type:
application/pdf
URL:
Help with citations