This webpage is maintained by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The webpage provides information and resources on Trichothecene Mycotoxin. "The trichothecene mycotoxins are a group of toxins produced by multiple genera of fungi. Some of these substances may be present as contaminants from mold or may occur naturally in foodstuffs or in livestock feeds. Symptoms may occur among exposed humans or animals. The likelihood of developing adverse effects following exposure depends on such variables as: toxin type and purity, dose, and duration of exposure. Dermal exposure in some situations could lead to burning pain, redness, and blisters, and oral exposure may lead to vomiting and diarrhea. Ocular exposure might result in blurred vision, and inhalational exposure might cause nasal irritation and cough. Systemic symptoms can develop with all routes of exposure (especially inhalation) and might include weakness, ataxia, hypotension, coagulopathy, and death (1)."
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: http://www.cdc.gov/